Note: These are exercises used in classroom and online courses. See the Abacus-es Classes page.
Many contain intentional errors to be fixed. Be sure to look up vocabulary terms as needed.
Singular / Plural Playsheet 1
Correct the errors
- The brown leeches, the only really appetizing items in the buffet, was hardly a substitute for bungee jumping in renaissance costume outside the embassy.
- Rowland and Boadicea, of the Gypsy Violinists' Existential Reading Circle, was visibly distressed at the state of the herring tarts.
- Neither Rowland nor Boadicea, when applying to the Clockwork Submarine Fanciers' Amateur Operatic Society, were visible behind the giant mushroom.
- Quilp Springle, author of the monograph, Romance Languages as a Primary Cause of Dental Deformities, were unavailable for comment.
- Neither the dwarf on his tricycle nor the accountants with their wheelbarrow was able to overtake the heavily laden swallow.
- Neither of the flamingoes show any sign of plotting sedition.
- The number of mistakes he made were limited only by his typing speed.
- A number of variations on the painting, The Muses Contemplating an Egg Whisk, was up for auction as was a wealth of marginally bizarre and somewhat dangerous looking kitchen utensils.