Note: These are exercises used in classroom and online courses. See the Abacus-es Classes page.
Many contain intentional errors to be fixed. Be sure to look up vocabulary terms as needed.
Singular / Plural Playsheet 2
Circle the errors in the following. Below each sentence, write your corrected version.
- The odds of catching measles are greater than that of finding a dugong in your coal cellar. Measles are highly contagious.
- Statistics is a difficult course of study, especially when they are used to prove things that aren't true.
- There are bacon and eggs in the fridge. Bacon and eggs isn't my favorite ever since I tried them with Molasses and cranberries.
- Billiards don't function well as an aerobic exercise but the tactics employed is challenging.
- Ethics meets at 2:00 PM but the ethics of attending under these circumstances bothered the troll with the giant marshmallow.