Note: These are exercises used in classroom and online courses. See the
Many contain intentional errors to be fixed. Be sure to look up vocabulary terms as needed.
Choose the correct verb form.
Choose the correct who/whom pronoun.
- I don't know _____ the paste-encrusted soup bowl belongs to. Give it to _____ever comes out of the library holding a spoon.
- She gave the musical score to the prenuptial agreement to Rupert and ______ else? _____ should perform it for the board and _____ do you think should be blamed for the idea if they walk out in the middle?
- _____ did you consider to be the least likely to approach aunt Agatha about the earring in the salad? She is not likely to be pleased with ____ever we pick to break the news to her.
- Would ______ever found my copy of “Ethel, the Exculpated Aardvark” please return it to Mr. Thakaray's mailbox with a note of apology.
- Would _____ever the statuary director designated, please replace Prometheus' sword and remove the kangaroo?
- Would _____ever put the Jello on the table of the last supper tableau please return the fish?
- Hermione presented the briefly used mustard container to the sixth-grader _____ Boadicea had accused of artistic debauchery.
- She gave the rapidly rotting onion to the student ____ was chosen to be the standard bearer.
- She gave the spear to the one ____ the giant frog seemed to like best.
- Few members of of the committee had yet had occasion to visit with the nurse ____ the kindergarten class had dubbed “Flatula.”
- Understanding the prefect _____ wore the diplodocus suit was not easy for those ____ Mrs. Muffet had seated in the balcony behind the pastry nativity.