Recommended Homeschooling Classes
Classes are held at the Excellence In Education Resource Center in Monrovia unless otherwise indicated: 2640 S. Myrtle Ave.Monrovia, CA 91016 (626) 821 0025. Some courses may also be offered online. Many classes are ongoing with open enrollment, and times are often flexible. Please contact EIE ((626) 821-0025) or the individual teacher to verify details and for further information.
Music is a fundamental part of any education
Traditional Music Class
All ages and abilities welcome.
WHEN: CALL FOR INFO.
Learn to sing (and/or play) the music everyone used to know -- songs our ancestors brought to America as well as
songs written and widely sung for the last 300 years. This will be not only an educational class contributing to the
cultural literacy of your child, but it will be fun.
In addition to traditional American songs, folk music from Many other cultures may be covered. Here is a short list:
- American: Yankee Doodle, America the Beautiful, Battle Hymn of the Republic, Oh shenandoah, Old Folks at Home, Red River Valley and many more.
- English: Greensleves, Scarborough Fair, -- The Holly and the Ivy, Deck the Halls, 12 days of Christmas, etc.
- Irish: Paddy McGinty's Goat, Danny Boy, The Rose of Tralee -- Christmas in Killarney
- Welsh: The Ash Grove, All Through the Night,
- Scottish: Loch Lomond, Annie Laurie -- Auld Lang Syne
- Swedish: -- Santa Lucia, Nu Ar Det Jul Igen
- German: Du, Du Liegst Mir im Hetzen, Lilli Marleen, The Happy Wanderer -- Nickolaus Abend, Tannenbaum, Silent Night
- French: Alouette, Au Clair de la Lune
- Russian: Song of the Volga Boatmen, Kalinka, Meadowland, Moscow nights
Seasonal songs will be studied in season and songs from other cultures will be added where there is specific interest.
COST: $15.00 per session or a block of six for $75.00. $200 per semester.
CONTACT: K. Titchenell at (323) 432-7128
or email: email@example.com